During the October 2023 Board of Directors meeting, $2.4 million was approved for equity-based investments in the following companies:
- Æsir Technologies is on a mission to provide Nickel-Zinc (NiZn) batteries and Energy Storage Solutions (ESS) to aerospace, defense, and commercial customers needing power for critical infrastructure such as data centers and grid support.
- AirSeal CardioVascular is developing a highly sensitive diagnostic blood test for cardiovascular disease. Backed by years of science and human testing, the company aims to improve preventative care and services for the #1 cause of morbidity and mortality in the U.S. and State of Missouri.
- ANiGENT offers a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, in addition to strategically utilizing MAAP ANALYTICS to minimize the costly impacts of drug diversion in healthcare, while at the same time maximizing efficiencies and the health and well-being of the patients and healthcare workers.
- Aptimmune Biologics develops safe and effective vaccines against the most challenging livestock diseases using proprietary Barricade Platform Technology including USDA-approved ZMAC Master Cell Line, exclusive nanoparticle, proprietary adjuvant and mucosal delivery.
- Birch Creek Innovations designs, prototypes, manufactures, assembles, and distributes third-party and proprietary intelligent device products.
- Compatio AI is a cross-selling platform for B2B and B2C digital commerce. The system uses AI and human expertise to power technically accurate recommendation and configuration in domains where product complexity is high, and where it’s hard for customers to know what to buy.
- ConGenius is a CRM software product that helps home builders, remodelers, and construction pros master their sales process in minutes, create accurate estimates, and build proposals. Empowering construction pros to save 80% of the time it usually takes to estimate and sell projects.
- JAKAPA is a mobile app and cloud-based platform that addresses the leading cause of termination or resignation—insufficient soft skills—by measuring, tracking, and educating individuals on essential life skills and human skills.
- iSite Media is a technologically advanced video signage network that revolutionizes the way both advertisers and sports teams reach and monetize a highly captive and targeted audience inside high traffic stadium restrooms.
- Redpoint Innovations is a SaaS healthcare tech company that works with large health systems to analyze and optimize the clinician experience with the Electronic Health Record using Robotic Process Automation to implement optimizations at scale.
In 2023, MTC awarded over $9M in investment allocations through the IDEA Fund to 32 Missouri-based high-growth potential startups. MTC awarded the following in each award cycle:
- Over $2 million in January 2023 to eight technology startups
- Over $2.3 million in April 2023 to seven technology startups
- Over $2.4 million in July 2023 to eight technology startups
- Over $2.4 million in October 2023 to nine technology startups
MTC currently accepts IDEA Fund applications continuously and reviews applications and makes awards on a quarterly basis.
The deadlines for full consideration for each quarterly application review cycle are listed below.
- January 2024 Award Cycle – Application deadline of 11:59 pm, Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- April 2024 Award Cycle – Application deadline of 11:59 pm, Wednesday, February 7, 2024