About the Physical Infrastructure Grant Program
The Physical Infrastructure Grant Program seeks to ensure entrepreneurs throughout the state have access to the physical infrastructure and resources required to launch and grow their businesses. It was developed following recommendations from the Catalyzing Innovation Report and is designed to replace and expand the MTC’s previous programmatic support of physical infrastructures in the state in a fair, equitable, and competitive manner.
For the most detailed and specific information about the Physical Infrastructure Grant Program, please review the PDF Grant Proposal Guidelines below.
Program Goals and Objectives
The objective of the Physical Infrastructure Grant Program is to provide state funding to support the following physical infrastructure needs within the state:
- flexible and below-market-rate commercial office space, including co-working spaces, private offices, meeting rooms, and access to high-speed internet, in regions where entrepreneurs lack access to these resources;
- specialized or sector-specific services, facilities, and other infrastructure, including but not limited to wet lab space and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF), that would otherwise be unavailable in an area/region; and
- infrastructure that is broadly recognized as a center for entrepreneurship for the community/region, helping elevate the role of innovation and entrepreneurship in the economy.
- Public or private non-profit Missouri research institutions, including institutions of higher education; and
- Non-profit entrepreneurial support or related organizations.
Term of the Program
The grant period commences on September 1, 2023, and terminates on August 31, 2024. All grant activities must be completed prior to August 31, 2024.
The request for financial support should be narrowly tailored to the plan outlined in the application submitted to MTC and reflect the specific and actual funding needs of the organization. Physical Infrastructure Grant funding will be limited to the lesser of (a) $200,000 and (b) 25% of the Applicant Organization’s average annual operation expenses (as calculated below). Applicant Organizations with multiple locations may submit multiple applications; provided that no Applicant Organization will be awarded more than $300,000 in aggregate for all locations.
Key Application Dates:
Application Period Open – Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Virtual Q & A Session – Thursday, May 11th from 2-3pm
Final Submission Deadline – Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59pm
Fiscal Year 2023 Physical Infrastructure Grant Program Documents:
Physical Infrastructure Grant Program Application Form
Physical Infrastructure Grant Program Proposal Guidelines
PDF Copy of Physical Infrastructure Grant Application Form
Physical Infrastructure Grant Budget Form
Physical Infrastructure Grant Summary of Projected Economic Impact Form
Physical Infrastructure Grant Affirmation and Signature Page
Physical Infrastructure Grant Virtual Info Session Slides
Contact for Questions
Please email [email protected]