Missouri Building Entrepreneurial Capacity
About the MOBEC Grant Program
To create more home-grown, high-tech companies, Missouri must support entrepreneurs and foster innovation. It is for this reason that the Missouri Building Entrepreneurial Capacity program (MOBEC) is a cornerstone of MTC’s investment strategy. Through the MOBEC grant program, MTC makes strategic investments that expand the support system for entrepreneurs that are commercializing new technologies or that enhance the capacity of Missouri to grow its innovation economy.
For the most detailed and specific information about the MOBEC grant program, please review the PDF Grant Proposal Guidelines below.
New This Year!
- MTC will be focused on funding organizations and programs that are aligned with the strategies and action items included in the newly released Catalyzing Innovation Report.
- Applicants will be able to apply for Operations Support and/or Program Support grants.
In alignment with the Catalyzing Innovation Report, the MOBEC grant program seeks to enhance the capacity of non-profit organizations that support entrepreneurs who are:
- commercializing new technologies around which high-growth companies can be created; and
- creating sustainable, high-paying, private sector jobs based on the establishment or growth of new and emerging companies.
- Public or private non-profit Missouri research institutions, including institutions of higher education
- Non-profit entrepreneurial support or related organizations
Term of the Program and Budget Restrictions
Grant proposals can be requested for organizations with a one- or two-year implementation plan. Grant proposals submitted with an anticipated start/initiation date after May 1, 2023, will not be considered for funding. MTC will not award one-year grants over $150,000 and two-year grants over $300,000.
Key Application Dates:
Application Period Open – Thursday, September 15, 2022
Final Submission Deadline – Thursday, October 20, 2022
Presentation to Investment Committee – Mid-December 2022
Approval by MTC Board of Directors – Late January 2023