Next Application Period Open –Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Next Application Period Closed - Monday, April 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Investment Committee - mid to late June 2021
Board Approval - mid-July 2021
The Missouri TechLaunch program was created to support Missouri's early-stage, entrepreneurs developing technologies, and creating jobs across Missouri. TechLaunch supports technology startups through matching equity or convertible debt investments up to $100,000 for the purpose of technology and business development.
- The annual application process opens and applicants are invited to fill out the application (link below).
- Applications close after about a month and MTC staff reviews all applications.
- All applicants are notified of whether they are invited to present to the MTC investment Committee approximately one (1) month after applications close. Those who are not selected to move forward are welcome to set up a time to discuss their application with MTC staff.
- The MTC Investment Committee meets and selected companies pitch. The Investment Committee will make funding recommendations, and presenting companies are notified within a week.
- The MTC Board of Directors will meet to review and approve the recommendations.
- The due diligence process will begin for selected companies.
In order to qualify for a Missouri TechLaunch investment a company must:
- Be based in Missouri;
- Have a proprietary or protectable intellectual property;
- Be in the pre-seed financing stage;
- Have, at the time of closing, an actual third party dollar-for-dollar matching investment for MTC funds;
- Fit into at least one of MTC’s five focus areas – animal health, plant science, biomedical science, applied engineering (software), and defense and homeland security; and
- Complete the application process.
Contact for Questions
Please email Amy Steinman, firstname.lastname@example.org