Next Application Period Open – January 1, 2020
Next Application Period Closed - February 15, 2020
Investment Committee - TBD
Board Approval - TBD
The Missouri TechLaunch program was created in order to support early-stage, Missouri entrepreneurs develop technologies, build businesses and create jobs across Missouri. TechLaunch supports life science and technology startups through matching equity or convertible debt investments up to $100,000 for the purpose of technology and business development.
- Quarterly application process opens and applicants are invited to fill out the application via Venture360. (The application is thorough, so start early)
- Applications close after about a month and MTC staff reviews all completed applications.
- All applicants are notified of whether they are to continue to the MTC investment committee a month after applications close. Those who are not selected to move forward are welcome to set up a time to discuss their application with MTC staff.
- MTC Investment Committee meets and selected companies pitch. Investment committee makes funding recommendations and presenting companies are notified within a week.
- MTC Board meets to approve recommendations.
- Due diligence process begins for selected companies.
In order to qualify for a Missouri TechLaunch investment a company must:
- Be based in Missouri;
- Have a proprietary or protectable intellectual property;
- Be in the pre-seed financing stage;
- Have, at the time of closing, an actual third party dollar-for-dollar matching investment for MTC funds;
- Fit into at least one of MTC’s five focus areas – animal health, plant science, biomedical science, applied engineering (software), and defense and homeland security; and
- Complete the application process.