Take a Virtual Tour!
Missouri Technology Corporation (MTC) represents the interests of the state of Missouri in the development of the University of Missouri Technology Park at Fort Leonard Wood. As managing partner, the University of Missouri owns 55 percent of the project. MTC owns a 45 percent interest.
The mission of the The Technology Park at Fort Leonard Wood is to provide locations on the post to businesses, agencies, and organizations that support or enhance the missions, activities, and strategic goals of Fort Leonard Wood. Business ventures involved in technology development compatible to Fort Leonard Wood’s missions are primary targets for the business research park’s operation.
The park is located in St. Robert, Missouri on a secure 62-acres. The location is attractive because of access to interstate, rail and regional airport, as well as proximity to the University of Missouri - Rolla (30 miles to the northeast).
Benefits to Fort Leonard Wood
- New employment opportunities for the spouses of military personnel;
- Regional economic growth providing more amenities and services to soldiers;
- Opportunity for corporate and academic entities who share the base’s mission interests to co-locate on the post and enhance mission delivery.
Benefits to the State of Missouri
- Leverages military base expansion into greater regional economic growth;
- Increases number of technology-based businesses.
Benefits to the University of Missouri
- Expanded opportunities for technology transfer;
- Quality work experience for graduate and undergraduate students;
- Increased in-state job opportunities for graduates;
- Participant in the economic and educational development for the state of Missouri.