The Missouri Innovation Center Network is a major statewide resource for commercializing Missouri innovations.
The centers were created to “provide assistance to individuals and business organizations during the early stages of the development of new technology-based business ventures.” $348.271 RSMo.
Missouri innovation centers work closely with their associated universities and are primarily targeted to develop high-growth advanced technology companies. Innovation Centers provide specialized facilities, access to capital, technical and business experts, resources and specialized service providers to these companies.
- Stimulating technology entrepreneurship
- Opportunity assessment (the technology, the market and the management team)
- Planning, financing and accomplishing research and development
- Developing the business plan and securing startup funding and growth capital
- Incubating the ventures that result (mentoring and physically accommodating startup firms).